Sunday, March 30, 2014

Crowdsourcing response

While I enjoyed being a part of a larger project like “And Then The World Stopped,” I also don’t know how satisfying it will be once the final product is made.  I spent hours creating these frames during the frame factory marathon, only to produce less than 2 seconds of film.  I know that this same thing happens during the shooting of an actual film, but I also know that my work will be more emphasized and individualized when it comes to another type of filmmaking. 
            I liked coloring, and I liked being able to bond with other members of the class, but I also did not feel as though each frame will be placed in the film for such a short amount of time that, though the individuality of the process was stressed during production, the community aspect of the whole thing will be much more evident, which makes me wonder whether this aspect should have been stressed more from the beginning.  Maybe that’s the point though: that even though we’ve all been working on these frames separately for so long, the end result will pull each of them together and create something completely new.  None of us can actually give ourselves credit for more than just a blink of an eye worth of footage.  It’s become anonymous. 
            It was really interesting to see how the whole process works.  I did not think that it would take so long to fulfill the requirements of the project, having first looked as it like a glorified arts and crafts assignment, but now I can see how different this is from they typical coloring book.  I like that about this assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment